University selection

Hi, what are the best universities which offer Business degree but geared towards social entrepreneurship to help develop poor communities?

Hi @alebcores,

I am at Duke and we have a great social entrepreneurship program led by Matthew Nash. He is highly respected. https://entrepreneurship.duke.edu/social-entrepreneurship/about/https://entrepreneurship.duke.edu/associate/matthew-t-a-nash/

Hi Alebcores, is your question regarding undergraduate or postgraduate programs in the United States?

For undergrad, the Wharton School at UPenn offers an undergraduate concentration in Social Impact & Responsibility, as well as a dual Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) and Master’s of Social Work (MSW) in partnership with the Penn School of Social Policy and Practice. The Center for Social Impact Strategy, which focuses on providing students with the resources they need to make innovative ideas a reality, is also a part of the School of Social Policy & Practice.

Duke University also offers an undergraduate certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Some classes within this concentration include Social Innovation; Performance and Social Change; Video for Social Change; The Short Audio Documentary; Music and Social Entrepreneurship; Leading as a Social Entrepreneur; and Social Entrepreneurship in Action. The Fuqua School of Business offers an MBA program with a concentration in Social Entrepreneurship through the Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE).

Yale’s postgraduate School of Management offers “the Program on Social Enterprise” (PSE), which holistically discusses nonprofits, social enterprises, and public sector social entrepreneurship.

There are lots more…let me know if you need more info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the info! Duke and Upenn are precisely my top 2 choices of colleges due to their approach for social impact, I will look into those programs you mentioned! Regarding undergraduate studies do you know any other institution that offers similar opportunities?