Tutorial Times

What is the best tutorial time and why?

I am currently under the impression that for a (lets say) law paper, that runs from 9 am - 10 am, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, one of the best times would be a tutorial straight after one of the lectures, as this allows me to ask questions that are fresh in my mind. The other prime option I am considering was perhaps an hour after the lecture, this way I would have some time to think about the lecture before attending the tutorial.

Please share your thoughts!

My advice is that it depends on you - might you need time after the lecture to digest the material, review your notes and see if you can figure it out on your own? It’s hard to estimate that since it’s early in the semester. Remember also that you might be able to change your tutorial times and the semester goes on.

If it was me, I’d do the tutorial on a different day or later on the lecture days. That gives you more time to prepare and finish homework before your tutorial. If you have your tutorial directly after a lecture you’ll have to do homework prior to the lecture and you probably won’t want to be doing homework prior to a 9am lecture. This means your doing the homework related to your tutorial on a different day and you might forget specific questions that you had had. That’s one way to look at it. I didn’t study law so I’m not sure what you do in tutorials.

Cheers