How important is academic quality v a strong social circle etc?
Great question! I would think about a range of factors, and, in making this decision, you will, of course be juggling a lot of different trade-offs, etc.
Here are a few:
- Core academic performance: how strong are the teachers? What is the school’s reputation? What have gradutes of the school gone on to do?
- Extracurricular activities: Does the school have limited activities outside the classroom, or does it offer a range of activities that are enriching and unique?
- Location: is it close to home?
- Price: if its a private school, of course, you will need to consider the cost.
- Teaching quality: what are the credentials of the teachers? Are they professional/etc?