Physics in the US/UK

I am a sophomore Tunisian high schooler who wants to study physics and astronomy in a good university in the US/UK. I am amongst the top 1% in my school and I am going to sit for the SAT next summer . What are the best schools for that ? And are there any scholarships international students like me can benefit from

Hello from South Africa!

Great news! There are plenty of fantastic scholarships and financial aid programs available to you. One such example of a merit based scholarship is the Rabbi scholarship at Columbia University. There is also plenty of financial aid available at the US universities in particular which you qualify for based on your parents’ income and assets.

Top programs for Physics in the US/UK include:

1. Imperial College London
  2. University College London
  3. University of Cambridge
  4. Harvard
  5. Stanford
  6. Cornell
  7. California Institute of Technology
  8. Carnegie Mellon University
  9. UC Berkeley
  10. Harvey Mudd
  11. MIT

There are many fantastic Physics programs in the US/UK. Being in the top 1% is a great start but you should try and aim for Dux (top student of your school) and look at academic research in physics or international physics or engineering competitions. The US will also require a broader mix of extra curriculars.

Email your CV and academic results so far to j.beaton@crimsoneducation.org and I can give you some more precise feedback based on your profile.

1 Like

I already emailed you

I replied - hopefully you find it useful.

2 Likes

Thank you but I didn’t receive anything. I just received one which says that you will arrange an initial assessment for me

The academic advisor reaching out to you will be in touch in the next 24 hours - thanks!

2 Likes