International student's problems with GPA

Hello. My name is Natalia and I am from Poland. I have different rating scale than students in USA. I don’t have a GPA (A, B, C, D and F). In my country the scale is (from the worst to the best): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. I see articles about GPA everywhere. I can’t translate my rating scale. I think that is impossible. What should I do in this situation? I would like to know my chances to getting into Ivy League’s college (especially Yale College). It devastates me so much… The worst “GPA” in schools in my country is 1.00 and the best is 6.00. My last two “GPAs” are: 5,63 and 4,26. Two more years ahead of me. I ask you for help.

PS. I just finished first class of high school. In my country primary school lasts 6 years, middle school 3 years and high school 3 years. This is different than in the US too…

Not to worry Natalia. Many international students don’t have GPAs on a 4.0 scale. Do you know roughly what percentile your current GPA places you at your school?

Send me a copy of your high school results to j.beaton@crimsoneducation.org and I’ll take a look