Discuss the importance of virtual reality in the next 10-20 years? How will it change society?

Discuss the importance of virtual reality in the next 10-20 years? How will it change society?

People are adopting to virtual reality really quickly and the way it is transforming the entertainment, education and real estate industry is insane. However i believe AR(augmented reality) will be the game changer, it will change the way learn, teach and connect our digital world with physical. Virtual reality will be heavily used in simulation and giving experience to place that you can;t physically be there.

Real Estate industry will be the one to look out for in VR space. I see VR being more used in marketing and promotion for bigger brands than of day-to-day use. However augmented reality on the other will be our new interface, mobile screens will be replaced by glass.

We have one more new technology called Mixed Reality, Microsoft hololens is world’s first mixed reality headset that will change the way manipulate the holograms and use light fields to create holograms. Mixed reality glasses will enable people to close the bridge between digital world and our world. What fascinates people like me is that machines are now becoming more like humans, they understand, respond as well decide. Machines can now understand human and behave accordingly , now that is the power of Microsoft Hololens.

In next 5 years or so we will see people wearing smart glasses with having digital information in physical space.