What is the difference between CBSE and ICSE board?
Both the boards are Indian state boards and are fairly popular in India. Here is why CBSE trumps over ICSE
- CBSE has been around for longer and is more popular
- Its less vast as you only deep dive into 5-6 subjects (compared to 10 with ISC)
- It helps in preparing for the local med and law school entrance exams
Here is why ICSE works better over CBSE
- Since you have so many subjects you are learning, it gives an “all rounded” edge to the student
- It has more practical and analytical skill training involved
- Students can chose from a host of different subjects including vocational subjects. CBSE is more pure academics.
At the end it is a personal choice for where a student feels more comfortable.