Can I send colleges only the writing score from my first ACT?


I took the ACT in form 6 with the writing portion, and now I want to retake without the writing part. The school I want to send my scores to wants the ACT with writing portion. Can I just keep my writing score and retake the other subjects?


Unfortunately you can’t submit JUST the writing portion of your past ACT. You have two choices: either 1) try the writing again when you re-take the ACT or 2) send results of both of your ACT tests to any colleges that require writing.

Some colleges will “superscore” your two tests, meaning that they will take the highest score you received from your past tests.