What is the defining feature of an institution as new as Yale-NUS College?

What is the defining feature of an institution as new as Yale-NUS College?

For me, it is the ability to be flexible. Every single student contributes to what Yale-NUS will be in 5, 10, 20 years. Students have great freedom to realise their ideas, often with the help of the college. I am aware that some people would prefer more “stable” universities like old American or British schools. Yale-NUS is still being built. It attracts lively, energetic and creative people.

East meets West here. It is Yale and it is NUS in Singapore. Yale-NUS is a small college with an absolutely new and very broad perspective. I believe that there is something unusual about the students here, who decided to reject “proven” American schools and come to this very new institution. It is quite tough to articulate what I mean. I am a freshman at Yale-NUS, and every time I think about this college, I get the feeling that it is an international place where all races, all languages and all educational styles can intermingle. It is invigorating, and I doubt that any other college can be as proud of such cosmopolitanism as the one that we have here.