Is there any orientation program for freshmen? If yes, what is it like?

Is there any orientation program for freshmen? If yes, what is it like?

Yes, there is an orientation for freshman students. I personally found it very helpful for building friendships and exploring Singapore in general. I think the college was successful in balancing the time dedicated to talks, activities, and rest. There were several important things introduced such as basic sexual education (which is absent in some countries) and alcohol control.

Yes, there is. It was generally fine, but I would reduce the number of talks. There are simply too many of them! Furthermore, I remember wondering if the school thought that I was stupid. They explained absolutely basic things like “Do not rape!” or “Do not drink too much”. Apart from this, there was nothing I was not happy about. The ‘Amazing Race’ (a big group activity for the whole freshman class) was fun!

Yep, there is orientation. One thing to mention in addition to the previous comments is the university’s lack of flexibility in terms of attendance at orientation. Everyone is forced to arrive before it kicks off and no one is allowed to be late for it. The school treats the orientation program very seriously, and I am personally not sure whether such a policy is good or not. Nonetheless, orientation is generally fun and helpful.