Is it worth staying in res if I live in Cape Town?

It seems like in general, people in res are not usually from Cape Town. If I have been accepted into res and I live in Cape Town, is it worth going?

In my opinion, yes. This is because being in res makes your university experience much easier. It adds to your convenience, as you are closer to campus and won’t have to deal with the hassle of public transport or the morning traffic. It grooms your independence, you will be managing your own money and space and make decisions for yourself without the influence of your parents. You will also be closer to library facilities and computer labs. You can connect to more types of people from all walks of life. Res can also be the home away from home. Staying in res also makes you appreciate going home more. Another thing there is so much to do, for instance playing sports( or even watching sports), serving in leadership positions within your res and even representing your res. There’s also tutors available to you in res to help you when you need help with course work.