If I am interested in a module in National University of Singapore, can I take this module?

If I am interested in a module in National University of Singapore, can I take this module?

It is definitely possible to take an NUS module but it is important to know that the educational style in NUS is very different from that in Yale-NUS. NUS modules are mostly lecture-based courses. So, there is practically no discussion, seminar participation or peer review. For example, the grade in a standard NUS course is usually composed of 3 components: 70% Exams, 10% Attendance, 20% Quizzes. On the contrary, Yale-NUS courses are much more discussion-based. Hence, they require students to be active and, I believe, to do much more work in comparison to NUS modules.

You can take the module if it does not clash with other modules that you have in Yale-NUS. 1 module in Yale-NUS is usually 5MC; in National University of Singapore 1 module is 4 MC in most cases. The recommended number of credits per semester in Yale-NUS is 18-22 MC. This means that if you take four 5MC courses in Yale-NUS and one 4MC course in NUS, for example, you have 24MC in total and are overloading. For overloading, you have to fill out a special form and receive permission from your residential college’s vice-rector (usually, it is not a problem).