How many South Africans study at MIT?

Hi there,

I am a South African and I want to study aeronautical engineering at MIT. What are my chances/how common is it?

Thanks

Hi @anonymous86 ,

Good question. We have a lot of South African students that want to study at MIT in particular. The truth is that it is extremely competitive. Across the four years of undergraduate study, there are only two South Africans. That means, on average, one South African student is admitted from high school every two years.

MIT only admits extremely talented students with a compelling track record of demonstrated achievement in technical disciplines.

I would love to help you pursue this dream - we can hook you up with a team of expert mentors including current students and ex-admissions officers from MIT. They can help you even if you are only in G9 or G10 to develop your extracurricular portfolio, academic achievements, SAT and overall candidacy to give you the best chance of attending MIT.

Please email me at d.parsons@crimsoneducation.org describing your academic interests and your transcript attached and I can give you a free candidacy assessment.

Duncan